Photos, sometimes with Commentary, from a lay Catholic.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Blue Moon

Super Moon, Blue


My most recent super moon tinted with a touch of blue, to match my mood, and the mood of many of us who grieve over oh so many things…

What troubling stories fill our news, and what great suffering is happening at the hands of radical militant factions in Iraq and the Middle East, Ukraine, Afghanistan and Nigeria.

I keep thinking of Psalm 120:6-7 "Too long have I had my dwelling among those who hate peace. I am for peace, but when I speak, they are for war."

It appears that things as powerfully disordered as our current worldly threats may not be changed except through prayer and fasting.

The moon shines silently above us as a beacon in the night, and in our darkness, we surely need a light to guide our way.

Photo taken August 10, 2014.

No comments: