Photos, sometimes with Commentary, from a lay Catholic.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Rescued Geranium

Pink Geranium Secrets

It seems I am often drawn to dark and moody images: the low light, and whispered insights appeal to me. I laugh at the obvious ones with everyone else, but these introverted photos cause me to linger. Not that it matters.

These are among my rescued geraniums, saved from a marked down cart at Lowe's in 2012. They've been growing where all the plants that need some special attention go in my house-- to the "parlor", where the western sun exposure agrees with them.

I guess this geranium is a houseplant now. They don't usually last much more than a year or two. I've taken several in over the years. They get spindly and woody. But when they bloom indoors, it makes me smile. I guess it is worth watching over it to see that flower, or two, or three...

We are all investing in small or great ways, in small or great things. What do we tend and nurture? What things make us smile?

Photo Thursday, July 12, 2014.

IMG_6249-1-2


Geranium Houseplant



No comments: