Photos, sometimes with Commentary, from a lay Catholic.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Milkweed, October 10, 2014.


Good light transforms the ordinary. It reveals inherent qualities, and highlights unseen potentials. We all see so imperfectly, but we know when we have those blessed moments of clarity that something truer and better than ordinary is afoot. Strive for those visions.

This morning I walked through poison ivy to get closer to something beautiful. It was a small risk, and worth any potential harm, to be able to see the light better.

The milkweed is spreading its wings in the fields.

October 10, 2014.

2 comments:

Peter Olson said...

The Milkweed is one of my favorite weeds. Raised my first Monarch Butterfly from caterpillar to butterfly by feeding it the leaves. The seed pods bust open with that silky fluff. Great photo too! :-)

marylea said...

Thank you, Peter. I love milkweed. This year I allowed some to grown in my garden, too. It found its way into the garden from the fields. Turns out that wasn't a good idea. It has an extensive root system and didn't make the garden look very nice. Maybe I'll allow a patch by the road just for milkweed next year.