Photos, sometimes with Commentary, from a lay Catholic.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Detours, Paths, and Signs

A Wooded Road

I needed a detour the other day. I needed one of my own choosing. Not the ones being imposed on us everywhere throughout Ann Arbor and the whole Midwest as our roads are being torn up and reconfigured, but a legitimate detour of heart and mind. So I took the road less travelled. At least, I took a road less travelled by me.

I discovered some pretty neat places, including the one here in this picture. And I gave my mind a chance to stretch its legs and walk about freely. However, the path here, I didn't take. I was certainly curious about it, but a sign informed me that I should not. At least I think the sign was meant for me. And it mentioned electronic surveillance. Well, gee, you don't have to get all "French Connection" on me. Some signs are worth heeding, and so I kept my distance. Mostly. But the path sure got me thinking.

So many paths. So many detours. So many choices. And so many signs.

May all our paths lead us to good places today. May all our detours bring us safely to our destination. May all the important signs be noticed and heeded.

Photo from June 25, 2014.

Pine ID?

No comments: